Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Old Habit

Its been almost a month since I am here in the Mysore campus. Happen to see lots of trainees roaming around the huge campus with their cell phones playing loud music. We have changed the way we dress, the way we eat and the way we converse . Everything has been westernized. But the culture of playing music while walking has been taken from our villages.
During my childhood I used to see lots of workers returning back to home with radio kept in the cycle playing music. This is a typical small town/village culture.
Good to see employees of one of the biggest company in India turning back to the old small town culture of playing music while walking .
Indeed a Strange phenomenon.

8 comments:

CVR said...

So you are in Mysore now??
Ensoi madi! B-)

Manivannan said...

Yes CVR. Ensoiying :)

Ashwath said...

i remember we had a philips radio(bulky one) which was brought at a pricely sum of Rs.800/-
My usual timepass was to go on the tanktop on the terrace and listen to Rafi's soothing melodies at the night...

i miss those days... ;-(

Manivannan said...

Very true Ashwath. Listening to songs and commentary in Radio is a favourite time pass during childhood days.
I still remember hearing Henry Blofeld, Ravi chathurvedi. I developed my Hindi Number count by hearing commentary in Radio :)

Nanditha Guruswamy said...

All said and done, Mysore DC never made me feel that I work there..Not as professional atmosphere as Blore DC. It feels more of a college campus..

The only difference is: Folks get paid to study and clear the exam.

Manivannan said...

Very true Nandhita. Prety unprofessional attitude here. Bangalore DC is the best and I desperately want to go back there.

sbharti said...

वाट् मनी.. शादी के बाद कोई पोस्ट नहीं.. एक साल हो गया.. चलो लिखना चालू करो.. हम लोग हिन्दी में कमेंट करेंगे.. तुम तमिल में लिखना.. :D

Anonymous said...

路過留言支持~~~...........................................................