Wednesday, July 11, 2007

T R A I N

The blog that I wrote longtime ago and forgot to post. Just like films suffer because of producer, this blog suffered because of writer . I am releasing it after 10 months :)

Traveling by "Train" for me is the best compared to other modes of transport. There is definitely a greater advantage while you travel by Train.
Comfort
Stretch your leg and sleep as you do in your home. Sleeper buses have come , Business class in flights provide that level of comfort. But still train is cheap and best comfort wise.
Mobility
Till a year back I used to travel with my friend , he will be in another compartment i will be in some other. We meet up somewhere and we talk for hours together. Cricket, Latest music album, latest movies , Work and all nonsense. The best part is we roam around the compartments looking for another friend of ours. Using this opportunity we get to see all the girls in the train :)
Making Friends
The best train travel I feel is during the day time. People generally don't sleep and we talk. We get to know people in person .We build relationship in shorter span of time. I got many friends during my day time travel to Chennai . Generally the talk will start like "Its damn Hot in Trichy..I don't know how it will be in Chennai" You get a reply from other person . Then you slowly introduce yourself and talk about all under the sun. This is called "Rail Sneham" (Friendship in Train). Its short , but its sweet.
Local Trains
Writing about train and thinking about 7/11 gives me a heavy hearted feeling. The blast that ripped Mumbai a year ago on this same day still lingers my heart. Electric train is the life line of Mumbai . I recollect the day when myself,my brother,my parents caught the 11 o clock train from "Mira Road" to "Church Gate".That day My Mom while boarding the train lost one of her slipper and she boarded the train with another in her hand. Such a rush even at off-peak hours. My brother lost his watch while boarding the train once.
Electric train at Chennai is completely different. Me and my friend used to go by train from West Mambalam to Nungambakkam. You hardly find that level of rush during peak hours at Chennai compared to Mumbai. Off-Peak hours train will be almost empty.
Trains in the US Amazing. No need to stand in the queue to get tickets. Drop some money and get the ticket for both up and down journey. You board the train standing in a queue. Insert the ticket to enter the station. Similarly insert while getting out of the station. No escape routes. Was telling my friend the other day that I can sleep in the train and keep on travelling from source to destination umpteen times a day.

No comments: