Thursday, June 21, 2007

PSA


Huh.. What a climate..Cloudy,with light drizzle. Most romantic weather you can get in India. Thats Bangalore for you. No wonder all the IT companies are here and all the IT companies have both the genders working as a team.
As usual the day ended for me with dinner at one of not so famous food courts in the campus. Me and my friend had Square paratha with Aalu bhujii . Surprisingly, the dinner was great :)
After finishing the dinner we headed back to the bus stand. Suddenly saw a guy holding a girls hands. Got my first attack. I was jokingly telling my friend, man whats happening? Is this PSA(PublicShowofAffection). Then saw two more couples holding hands inside the campus.
I got my second and third attack :)
Consoling myself I was telling my friend Why a guy/girl holds another one's hand? Are they scared one will leave the another??
The country is becoming more and more western these days ..where is our culture? where is our tradition? where is our conservatism??
Recently read the news that they are not going to allow girl and guy touch each other in schools in Mumbai. Will this rule be extended to companies? If yes, I will be the first to vote for this .
Afterall this kind of PSA gives a heartbreak to guys like me who are single and available :(

4 comments:

CVR said...

All these heartbreaks are common until your heart is safely lent to your better half!!
Until you find yours let others have their share of romance!! :-)

Manivannan said...

CVR,
Thats true :-) Waiting for someone to hold my hand ...

Ashwath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashwath said...

IMHO, PSA is done only to mimic others. some xyz couple are holding hands coz they have seen lotz of other couples doing the same...

true..tat it gives a heartburn to us(single ready to mingle folks) :D

~Ashwath